We hope you’ve been enjoying our blogs geared a little bit more toward the kiddos lately, and a little less towards all things oral health related. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten that we are a dental team here at Brinkley Dental but we are happy to be considered Brampton’s Gentle Dentist and Brampton’s family-friendly Dental office so in these times of uncertainty, it seemed fitting to focus on family. We hope you agree. With that said, we’ve also addressed the idea of what dentistry might look like in a post COVID-19 world and remind you to have an important chat with your kids about what a visit to the Dentist might look like in the future. Since it is our sincere hope that we will be able to assist you with all your oral hygiene health soon, make sure you schedule that chat to happen over dinner one night! In the meantime, here are just a few reminders about how to stay safe in these times of uncertainty. (and something for the kids too!)
First – for the big news, in case you missed it, The Toronto Zoo is now open! For a limited time the Toronto Zoo is offering a Scenic Safari trip you can take with audio accompaniment, in the comfort of your own car! The tour takes approximately one hour and you can download and play a game of Safari Bingo with the kids while you follow roads previously only available to staff members. Sounds like a real safari adventure to us! This is a limited time offer so don’t delay if your children are really excited about seeing the animals in their natural environment.
Other zoos who are offering access to the animals, in this case virtually, include: San Diego Zoo, offering a variety of webcams on some of their animal superstars like the ApeCam and the KoalaCam, The Monterey Bay Aquarium offering live cams and even live cam, narrated feeding times and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, currently featuring the antics of Baby Fiona, an adorable “little” hippo!
Now, let’s move on to the topic of staying safe. You’ve seen them before and we’ve even talked a bit about what our practice will look like when we do open but some things just need repeating – it’s that simple! The Ontario Government does seem to be moving slowly in the direction of re-opening our core services (like Dental offices!) stores, garden centres and more. With that said however, ALL of the important rules around social distancing and hood hand hygiene remain in place, and likely will continue to do so for quite some time. Protect yourself and your family from COVID-19 with these simple tips:
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly. A minimum of 20 seconds or the time it takes you to sing Happy Birthday, while using plenty of soap and water. Don’t forget under your nails!
- Cough or sneeze in to your sleeve or a disposable tissue. Dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands!
- Do not touch your EYES, NOSE or MOUTH – ever, for any reason! These are prime locations for the virus to potentially enter our body.
- Do not go out more than you have to and try to limit those excursions to required items like groceries and prescriptions. Try not to shop more than once a week if you can.
- Make sure to maintain physical distancing wherever you travel – even while out for a walk with your family.
- Wear a mask. Dentists have been doing this for years, all day and every day – now it’s your turn! Wear a mask for the protection of others and for your own health and safety. PLEASE.
When the time is right, we look forward to seeing you again. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy and as always, ”don’t forget to be a BFF with your mouth and Brush that SMILE!”