2023 is quickly progressing, with exciting new developments and innovation in dental technology. From 3D printing to enhanced digital processes, many up-and-coming trends promise to revolutionize the way dentists’ approach dental care and improve patient outcomes.
Here’s a closer look at some of the most exciting trends we can expect in the coming years.
- Automated Dental Charts: Many dental offices now rely on computerized charts for patient information, but in 2023 this process could become even more automated with software programs that streamline data entry and reduce paperwork. Automated charts also make it easier for doctors to track progress and compare results over time on a variety of factors, such as preventive treatments or follow-ups.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI has already begun to gain traction in the medical and dental industries, making the diagnosis process easier by analyzing data and providing recommendations based on those findings. In 2023 we can expect these AI systems to be even further refined and potentially used in other areas, such as treatment planning and surgery.
- 3D Printing: 3D printing is increasingly being used in dental practices as a way to produce customized restorations, implants, crowns, bridges, dentures and other types of prosthetics faster than ever before. The technology has advanced rapidly in recent years, making it more affordable for many offices; we can expect further improvements in 2023 that will make this technology even more widespread across the industry.
- Digital Imaging: Digital imaging has been slowly replacing traditional x-rays due to its improved accuracy and faster results-delivery times — but that’s just the beginning of what digital imaging can do in 2023! As technologies advance rapidly over time, dental imaging could become even more detailed with near real-time updates on how patients’ teeth are progressing, which will be highly beneficial for patient’s oral health and doctor’s diagnoses accuracy levels.
- Improved patient Care: As technology advances, so does our means of improving patient care through advanced levels of personalized treatments tailored to each individual’s needs. In 2023 these personalized treatments will become common practice as advanced treatment options like gene therapy continue to grow at an unprecedented rate while also helping reduce costs associated with traditional methods of care like long wait times or specialized equipment needs that may not have always been available to all patients previously.
All the innovation found within modern-day dentistry will allow us all greater access to superior levels of quality care when it comes to our oral health needs — something that was once only accessible by a privileged few — without having to sacrifice any level of comfort or well-being along the way!
If your teeth need advanced care, reach out to the family-friendly dental team at Brinkley Dental in Brampton, where we’re happy to help you “live and in person!”